School Uniform 2023
We recognise that the rising cost of living can put a strain on families and hope to help with this whilst adhering to the Government guidelines that ‘encourage schools to have a uniform as it can play a key role in:
- promoting the ethos of a school
- providing a sense of belonging and identity
- setting an appropriate tone for education.’
The guidelines also suggest that ‘schools should keep the use of branded items to a minimum and make pre-used uniform available for parents to acquire’. With this in mind, please see the information below:
Whitley Lodge First School Uniform
Reception – Year 4
- Royal blue school sweatshirt/cardigan with the Whitley Lodge school logo
- White blouses / shirts / polo shirts
- Grey skirts / pinafore dresses / shorts / trousers
- Blue gingham dresses can be worn in the summer term
- Black shoes– should be plain black and easy to clean.
- Royal blue book bag or plain backpack – just big enough to fit an A4 folder
On their designated PE day (s), children come to school in PE Kit:
- white T-shirt
- black shorts/joggers (if you already have blue, these can be worn until they need replacing)
- plain black or white trainers (preferably unbranded or one colour including logo)
- waterproof jacket for outdoors.
Please note that we only ask for the school logo on school sweatshirts/cardigans. These can be purchased from Anne Thomas. You can buy these pre-printed or source them from another supplier and Anne Thomas will add the logo for a minimal cost. School logos on other items of clothing are optional.
Pre-used uniform items are made regularly available, and this is shared via text. Contact the school office if you want to have a look at the items at any other time.
180 Park View,
Tel. 0191 251 4379